At Engage, we can help you with the following:
- Give you a timeline of deliverables that will help you stay on top of your application deadlines
- Help build a unique profile
- Guide you with the complete Application Process
- Help you shortlist and apply for Early action, Early Decision and Regular applications
- Guide you to write the Common App essay and college specific essays-
- Help you assess yourself and brainstorm for good essay ideas
- draw up a bank of potential material for your essays
- find themes to weave throughout your application
- teach you the framework for an effective essay
- break down the components of a good essay
- structure your essay for maximum impact
- phrase your activity list, accomplishments etc within the word limit
- Advice regarding standardized tests required as per country selected (SAT, TOEFL/IELTS, ACT, SAT subject tests, AP, etc); recommended agencies.
- Give you a broad guideline on the universities that are within reach based on your SAT scores and GPA
- Give you advice on summer programs to possibly take.
- Preparing drafts of recommendation letters for counselor and teacher (on request)
- Assistance with filling the application forms on the specified application portals.
- Advise on scholarships and financial aid
- Information regarding next steps after university responses have been received – acceptance, comparative features, housing, pre-departure briefing arrangement.
Getting admission into a US university entails the following:
- Writing the SAT exam and achieving the score that is within the range acceptable by the college being applied to.
- Writing the Common App essay which is a basic requirement for application to many colleges.
- Understanding in which range your SAT scores fit in and apply to the appropriate college that accepts SAT scores in that range.
- Writing supplemental essays for each college that you apply to.
- Understanding which college you need to pick for Early decision, Early Action, etc.
The parameters considered by the colleges are in the following order:
- SAT scores
- Academic grades – 9,10,11,12
- Extra-curricular achievements
We can help the candidate prepare and turn in all required documents. However we do not have any influence over any university abroad and can do nothing to influence final outcomes. STUDENTS HAVE TO HAVE A CONSISTENT GPA from grades 9 through 12 and need a SAT SCORE of 1350 and above to get into good schools. IB students need a predicted score of 38 and above to get into elite schools. We do not guarantee admission.